Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba (MMSM) and the Canadian Beverage Container Recycling Association (CBCRA) have joined forces to implement the Northern Clean-up Program. This initiative was developed to assist northern and remote communities with their local clean-ups, increase recycling awareness and combat litter to preserve the environment.
The only way to deal with the litter that has accumulated over the winter months is to hold a community clean-up. On select dates in May and June CBCRA’s Recycle Everywhere Street Team will be traveling to several communities bringing their recycling expertise and supplies to community members. They will setup, organize and facilitate the event and host a celebratory BBQ to acknowledge the success and accomplishments of the day.
We will be in the registered communities listed below on the following dates:
• The Pas, Manitoba – Kelsey Community School; Saturday, May 25, 11:00 AM
• Flin Flon, Manitoba – Kin Park; Friday, May 31, 10:00 AM
• Opaskwayak Cree Nation, Manitoba – Joe A. Ross School; Friday, May 24 10:00 AM
• Thompson, Manitoba – Westwood School; Friday, May 17 1:00 PM
• Wabowden, Manitoba – Mel Johnson School; Friday, June 21, 10:00 AM
• Cranberry Portage, Manitoba – Cranberry Portage Elementary School; Monday, May 27 10:00 AM
MMSM and CBCRA are committed to diverting waste from the local landfills. Through partnerships with communities such as those in northern Manitoba we are working to make recycling habitual in our great province.
If you have any questions regarding our programs involvement in your community clean-up, please do not hesitate to contact Melissa Dorota at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.942.4811.