Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba (MMSM) and Take Pride Winnipeg! have made the difficult decision to put the Bag Up Manitoba Challenge on hold for 2020, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of students, teachers, and collection staff are of the highest importance to both of our organizations. MMSM and Take Pride Winnipeg! will continue to monitor the situation as the province progresses.
Thank you to everyone who has supported our program in the past. As things return to normal, both organizations hope that this program can resume in the 2021 school year.
While you may not be able to recycle your bags through the Bag Up MB Challenge this year, plastic bags can be reused in many ways. Here are some tips for reusing them:
- Use plastic bags as packing material
- Use bags as trash can liners
- Reuse bags to pick up animal wastes
- Only take a plastic bag when you really need it
- Utilize reusable bags while shopping
- Pack the bags as full as possible! Keep in mind that a plastic bag can hold up to 17 pounds of product – nearly 2,000 times its own weight!