We want Manitobans to reduce the number of single-use plastic bags they use. Can you help us reach our goal?
Here is how you can do your part:
- When a retailer offers a bag, just say “no.” For one or two items, we often don’t need any bag at all.
- Use a cloth or other re-useable bag when you go shopping.
- Re-use your “single use” plastic bags to hold household garbage, pet waste and other items.
- If you do use plastic bags, return them to a retailer that accepts them.
- Paper isn’t necessarily the better choice. Paper bags take more natural resources to make than plastic bags do.
Remember, reduce your use of plastic bags, and reuse and recycle the ones already in your home.