Did you know that you can recycle most of your day-to-day household garbage? Recycling is now easier and more convenient than ever! Here are a few tips to make the process simpler in your home.
- Cleaning your containers is only optional! Most people rinse because of smell, not because they have to.
- Keep all lids and labels on containers.
- Recycle your plastic bags – just not in your blue box! Take your plastic shopping bags back to a store with a collection program so they can be turned into new bags! Click here for a list of stores.
Here are a few items that aren’t accepted in your blue box program:
- Plastics without a recycling triangle
- Plastic bags (return or reuse instead)
- Disposable coffee cups
- Aluminum foil, foil pie plates, foil food containers
- Foam food, beverage containers and packing materials
Remember, recycling happens in more places than just your kitchen. Don’t forget about other areas of your home too!