Giveaway weekend is here Winnipeg! Give your reusable items a new home and keep them out of the landfill! All you have to do is place your unwanted items in front of your home on the curb with a FREE label.
Tips if you are giving away items
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
- Store items out of sight that you don’t want to give away.
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
Examples of giveaway items include:
- Books, CDs and DVDs.
- Furniture, electronics and small appliances.
- Sports equipment and toys.
- Yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels).
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans.
- Unwanted gifts.
- Construction materials (e.g., nails, paint, wood).
Do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe.
- Items that could harbour bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding).
- Toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more).
Tips if you are looking for items
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE.”
- Don’t walk or drive on private lawns or gardens.
- Don’t discard any items on private property.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block driveways with your vehicle).
- Watch out for children.